Move and Take Breaks
- Alternate between sitting and standing or incorporate stretch breaks every half-hour/hour.
- Use the 20-20-20 Rule: Look 20 feet away from your computer for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
Get to Know Your Equipment
- Office equipment that is adjusted to your specific needs helps prevent workplace discomfort and injuries.
- Try to vary your posture throughout the day. Most office equipment is made to support this, so take advantage!
Be Proactive and Identify Issues Early
- Inform your managers as early as possible if you begin to experience discomfort at work.
- Many ergonomic issues can be resolved with education and equipment adjustments.
Be Healthy at Home
- Non-work activities can significantly contribute to the discomfort that you are experiencing at work.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition, exercise and sufficient sleep can help you be more comfortable at work as well.